Tello Massive Price DropNew Plan Entry - Unlimited Talk, Text & 4GB Data at $39/mo. Get It Today!
Featured Photo courtesy of Suzan Justice's Facebook page Several Douglas Stingrays won individual state championships en route to a team title. Here is the state champion girls' 200 yard medley relay team: Taylor Justice, Maddie Booth, Lindsey Morris, and Haleigh Lee.
For the third time in the last five years, the Douglas Stingrays are GRPA Class B and C state champions.
The Stingrays won the state title Saturday afternoon in Tifton after two days of swimming. The 'Rays won the championship by 182 points; they defeated second place Oconee County 656-474. Calhoun finished third with 406.5 poings. The Stingrays made it to the state meet after winning their 15th consecutive district championship in Douglas nearly two weeks ago.
The Douglas team had multiple individual state champions and even more podium finishes to carry them to the top of the state swimming heap once again. DouglasNow will update readers with a list of the meet's top individual finishers when the final results are released.
- City commission decides to re-interview all five police chief candidates
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- Victim from In and Out shooting fighting for life, was out on bond for July 4 double shooting
- A piece of aviation history took to the skies over Douglas this week
- Douglas man loses life in tractor-trailer accident
Login to post comments