Coffee improves to 4-0 after beating Taravella High 54-6
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in Sports
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The #2-ranked Coffee Trojans weren’t very hospitable hosts to the visiting Taravella High Trojans Friday night. Taravella traveled nearly 450 miles from Coral Springs, Fla., to play Coffee at Jardine Stadium. Coffee defeated Taravella 54-6 to improve to 4-0 on the season.
Coffee came out of the gate scoring. They scored on their first five possessions to take a 35-6 lead early in the second quarter. A Coffee fumble broke the scoring streak, which promptly started again on the drive following the miscue. Coffee carried a 41-6 lead into halftime; Taravella’s only score came with 10:25 left in the second quarter. In the second half, Coffee continued scoring, adding two more touchdowns to increase the lead to 54-6.
Antonio Dawson, Josiah Killebrew, and B.J. Hodge each scored two touchdowns. Quarterback A.J. Wilkerson also threw touchdown passes to Maurice Turner (34 yards) and K.J. Davis (65 yards).
Coffee plays at home again next week when the Miller Grove Wolverines (Stonecrest, Ga.) come to town. Kick-off is scheduled for 7:30.
- Aviation, aerospace initiative talks continue in Douglas
- City commission approves special exception variance for group bringing in ALDI grocery store
- Completely Unchained brings Van Halen to the stage Saturday in Douglas
- Here are the 22 Zell Miller Scholars
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet