The #2-ranked Coffee Trojans weren’t very hospitable hosts to the visiting Taravella High Trojans Friday night. Taravella traveled nearly 450 miles from Coral Springs, Fla., to play Coffee at Jardine Stadium. Coffee defeated Taravella 54-6 to improve to 4-0 on the season.
Coffee came out of the gate scoring. They scored on their first five possessions to take a 35-6 lead early in the second quarter. A Coffee fumble broke the scoring streak, which promptly started again on the drive following the miscue. Coffee carried a 41-6 lead into halftime; Taravella’s only score came with 10:25 left in the second quarter. In the second half, Coffee continued scoring, adding two more touchdowns to increase the lead to 54-6.
Antonio Dawson, Josiah Killebrew, and B.J. Hodge each scored two touchdowns. Quarterback A.J. Wilkerson also threw touchdown passes to Maurice Turner (34 yards) and K.J. Davis (65 yards).
Coffee plays at home again next week when the Miller Grove Wolverines (Stonecrest, Ga.) come to town. Kick-off is scheduled for 7:30.
- City to participate in Mayor's Christmas Motorcade
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Video: Citizens offer assistance to Douglas police officer bloodied during foot chase
- Coffee's rushing game wins the day, Trojans beat Wildcats and move on to third round
- #4 seed Trojans knock off #1 seed Stephenson Jaguars in first round