The Coffee High Lady Trojans softball team recently recognized two teams from the Douglas-Coffee County Recreation Department for their performance this past season.
Prior to the home game against Tift County, the 7-8 girls, coached by Katie Smeltzer, were honored for placing second in the district and fourth in the state tournament. Additionally, the 9-10 girls, coached by Andy Thomas, were district champions and finished third in the state tournament.
“The future of the Coffee Softball Program is bright,” stated Coach Stan Hughes from the Lady Trojans. “These girls and their coaches are to be commended for their success.”
The Lady Trojans also will honor those affected by childhood cancer in the Coffee County area prior to the home game on September 20 against Northside-Warner Robins.
The Lady Trojans will wear gold, the official color for childhood cancer awareness and take part in a pre-game ceremony with those children living with and having survived the dreaded disease. Members of the Coffee County Childhood Cancer Awareness group will also be in attendance.
The Lady Trojans encourage everyone to come out and not only support the team but the Childhood Cancer Awareness recognition. The event will be held at Faircloth Field beginning at 5:30 PM.
- CMS raises $1,100 for childhood cancer awareness
- CMS raises money for childhood cancer awareness
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Group of Coffee County's auctions begin today at Central Square Complex
- City releases statement regarding banner removal around town
- School system to recognize Childhood Cancer Awareness Day on Sept. 21