The Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association (GCAA) has named South Georgia State College’s (SGSC) Skyler Baggs as the first Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week for the 2018-2019 season.
Baggs, a 6’5” redshirt sophomore from Brunswick, averaged 21 points, 9.5 rebounds, four steals, 3.5 assists, and 1.5 blocks in the Hawks’ (2-0) opening wins over American Basketball Institute (93-64) and Florida State College at Jacksonville (79-75, OT). He currently leads the GCAA in defensive rebounds (14) and is second in total rebounds (19) and rebounds per game. He also leads the GCAA in steals (eight).
The Hawks open their Waycross home schedule Saturday at 4 p.m. against Atlanta Sports Academy. General admission to all regular season home games is $5 with children five and under admitted free.
- Here are the SGSC students from Coffee, Atkinson on academic honors list
- SGSC’s Hailey Furman to pursue Ivy League education in fall
- SGSC's Baldwin notches 250th career win
- SGSC to hold information sessions for bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood and Special Education
- SGSC splits in Applebee's Okefenokee College Classic