Four Hawks named to All Academic team
Four members of South Georgia State College's men's basketball team have
been recognized by the coaches of the Georgia Collegiate Athletic
Association (GCAA) for academic achievement.
Luke Lawson of Gray, Riley Meloncon of Pikeville, Tenn., Keyshaun Street
of Kingsland, and Antonio Vendola of Fernandina Beach, Fla., were each
named to the GCAA's All-Academic Team. GCAA student athletes must attend
college full-time for at least three semesters and maintain a minimum
3.0 grade point average to qualify for the recognition.
"These four guys have had an unreal run here at SGSC on the court and in
the classroom," said head coach Cory Baldwin. "This is an awesome honor,
and I am proud of each of them."
The Hawks qualified for this year's GCAA Basketball Tournament as the
seventh seed. SGSC lost to the Central Georgia Tech Titans in the
quarterfinal round. The Titans captured the tournament championship.
- South Georgia State College to host virtual town hall June 1
- SGSC assists students with their dreams of a college education
- SGSC students named to Phi Theta Kappa's All-Georgia Academic Team
- South Georgia State College announces virtual commencement ceremony for graduates
- SGSC anticipates welcoming students back to campus this fall