According to a number of published reports, the district attorney’s office is not actively investigating allegations of child abuse against Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill.
The alleged incidents took place in March. After initially investigating the claims, the DA’s office closed the case without filing charges. A day after closing the investigation, an audio recording surfaced between Hill and his fiancée Crystal Espinal that contained damaging statements related to the alleged incident that resulted in the DA reopening the case against Hill. The Chiefs banned Hill from team facilities when the case was reopened.
Since then, there has been no news regarding the incident. Friday, news broke that the DA was not actively investigating Hill. However, the Department of Children and Family Services still has an open case against Hill.
The Chiefs have not issued a statement regarding Hill’s status with the team.
- Liberty County man sentenced to federal prison for enticing a child for sexual activity
- Tyreek Hill, Chiefs win Super Bowl LIV
- No matter who wins, a former Trojan will earn a Super Bowl ring in Miami
- Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs headed to the Super Bowl
- Tyreek Hill: One of South Georgia's athletes of the decade