Ace Harris, 7, has a state championship on his resume.
He won the 2019 Georgia State Invitational at Callaway Gardens over the weekend with an even par 72. He fired a one-under 35 on day one and followed that with a one-over 37 on day two. His score of 72 bested the field by six strokes. Ace was also the only golfer in his division to break par. He was also the only golfer from South Georgia in his age group.
Ace’s home course is the Douglas Golf and Country Club. His father, Jason Harris, serves as his caddy. He is the son of Jason and Brandi Harris of Douglas.
- Firehouse begins H20 For Heroes bottled water drive on Aug. 7
- Pickup, lawn mower theft results in arrest on multiple charges
- Deputies find stolen trailer and Polaris Ranger, arrest three
- Fire department has new educational tool
- Former prison guard admits role in major south Georgia drug trafficking conspiracy