The South Georgia State College women's soccer team defeated Georgia Military College by a score of 2-1 during a home match up at the Douglas campus Oct. 8. The SGSC Lady Hawks scored first in the 27th minute by a long strike from Monse Hernandez, assisted by Yosselin Paz. Shortly after halftime, GMC tied the game at 1-1. Three minutes later, Serena Nelson netted the game winner with another assist from Paz. The performance from Paz now places her at the top of the conference in assists with six.
With this win, the Lady Hawks can secure a second place seed in the conference tournament by winning their next three games. The Hawks play at ABAC this Friday, Oct. 11. They finish the conference play at home with two games against Andrew College Oct. 15 and Oct. 18.
- SGSC's Jalen King named Third Team NJCAA All-American
- SGSC falls to No. 5 South Plains in NJCAA Sweet 16
- Hawks win GCAA championship behind Jayce Moore's double-double
- Hawks defeat South Georgia Tech, play for GCAA championship
- Hawks beat Gordon State, will host semifinals and finals of championship tournament