Coffee Trojans offensive coordinator Kevious Johnson has been hired as head football coach of the Turner County Rebels.
Coach Johnson has served as the Trojans’ offensive coordinator for the last two seasons. He was also a member of the Coffee coaching staff in 2017, when the Trojans played for a state championship against Lee County. Lee won in overtime.
Coach Johnson played high school football for Coffee head coach Robby Pruitt at Fitzgerald High School. He then had a record-setting career as a running back at Wofford. This is Johnson’s first head coaching job. He is one of several Coffee assistants who have landed head coaching positions over the last few years.
- Maurice Turner named region Athlete of Year, headlines Coffee's All Region players
- Wyatt Miller lands with the Seattle Seahawks
- High, Turner, Jackson named players of the week for second-round win
- School system dismissing early on Friday
- Coffee football announces players of the week after first-round victory