After defeating Telfair County easily then dropping a 1-0 extra inning game against Wayne County last week, the Coffee Lady Trojans wrapped up region play with a pair of road wins last week over Warner Robins and Ware 19-5 and 3-1 respectively.
The offense was on display against the Lady Demons as Coffee scored 19 runs behind three-hit performances by Madison Strickland and Emmy Elisis including a long homer by Elisis. Strickland drove in five while Elisis drove in seven to set the tone. Hannah Capps, Heidi Woodward, Dalana Smith, and Emma Kramer added a hit each. Reagan Thomas got the win, going four innings and striking out seven Lady Demons.
Thursday saw the Lady Trojans knock off the Lady Gators as Thomas and Strickland held the Ware offense in check with 15 strikeouts between them. Hannah Capps had four hits while Jenna Graham and Hanna Hutchison added two apiece. Emmy Elisis and Heidi Woodward each had a single for Coffee. The Lady Trojans clinched the #2 seed with those wins and will host at least the first round of the state playoffs. "This team has battled all year long and are ready to make some noise in the next few weeks. Senior Night is October 8 and we'd love to fill the seats and send these seniors out with a bang,” stated head coach Stan Hughes.
- Erin Robinson throws two no hitters as Lady Trojans go 2-1 for the week
- Lady Trojans sit in first place after big region wins
- Lady Trojans building momentum as region play arrives
- Lady Trojans off to solid start, Erin Robinson makes history early in season
- Lady Trojans show determination and fight in come-from-behind win over TCC