The South Georgia State College Hawks moved into a tie for second place in the GCAA Tuesday night with an 87-79 win over the Southern Crescent Tech Tigers on SGSC’s Douglas Campus.
The Hawks (14-3, 8-3) were led by Bryce Brown who finished with 17 points and seven rebounds. Jalen King had 15 points, eight rebounds and two assists. Alex Johnson rounded out the top scorers with 14 points and three rebounds.
Nick Jiles broke a school record with a total of 15 assists during the game.
The Hawks have five games remaining on their regular season schedule. Their final two home games will be in Waycross against Albany Tech (March 23, 7 p.m.) and Gordon State (March 25, 7 p.m.).
The GCAA has announced the conference tournament will be played April 9-10.
SGSC’s regular season schedule was shortened to 22 games due to the COVID-19 pandemic. General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free. Limited tickets will be sold for each home game in Douglas and Waycross to accommodate social distancing, and face coverings are required at each site. No game or season passes are available for the 2021 season.
- Trinity School of Medicine, SGSC partner to provide a path to medical school
- Former South Georgia coach inducted into Hall of Fame
- Hawks win GCAA championship behind Jayce Moore's double-double
- Hawks defeat South Georgia Tech, play for GCAA championship
- GCAA, SGSC announce basketball tournament details