The Coffee Lady Trojans have made the state playoffs for at least the sixth straight year. They wrapped the region schedule last week winning 2 out of 3 games, defeating rival Ware County 6-4 and throttling Warner Robins 15-3. Veterans nipped Coffee 3-1 on the road.
In Thursday’s game against Ware, Jenna Graham, Emily Robinson, and Hanna Hutchison all had a pair of hits. Hannah Capps, Lacey Stone, Morgan Adams, and Erin Robinson chipped in with a hit to round out the offense. Erin Robinson got the win and Lacey Stone picked up the save.
On Tuesday, Coffee beat visiting Warner Robins in another region game 15-3 at Faircloth Field. Emily Robinson cruised allowing only 1 earned run and striking out 4 in 4 innings. Jenna Graham and Hannah Capps had 2 hits and 4 RBI apiece to lead the attack. Emily Elisis, Emily Robinson, and Lacey Stone added a single hit each in the win.
The Lady Trojans dropped a road game to Veterans on Monday 3-1 with only 3 hits. Emily Elisis had 2 while Lacey Stone added the only other hit. "Veterans didn't hit it that well either with only 2 hits off Erin, but we struggled as well," stated head coach Stan Hughes.
Coffee wraps up the regular season on the road at Jeff Davis tonight and Senior Night Thursday against visiting Valdosta. The Trojans will travel to Mundy's Mill in the first round of the state playoffs on October 12.
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College
- City holds push in ceremony for new fire truck
- Former Dollar Tree manager arrested for allegedly stealing over $31,000