The Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association has selected South Georgia State College's Jayce Moore as the Division I Men's Basketball Player of the Week.
Moore, a 6'3" sophomore from Douglas Ga., averaged 16 points, 10.6 rebounds, 3.6 steals, 1.3 blocks, and four assists in last week's games against North Florida Prep, South Georgia Tech, and Gordon State. For the season, Moore is averaging 12.8 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 5.2 assists per game. His rebounds per game average is second in the GCAA.
Moore is currently in the top five in the GCAA in the following categories – offensive rebounds (67 – 1st), defensive rebounds (82 – 2nd), total rebounds (149 – 2nd), assists (83 – 3rd), steals (88 – 1st), and blocks (16 – 5th).
The Hawks (12-4, 1-1) travel to Albany Tech Tuesday night and will return to Waycross Thursday, Jan. 13 to face Central Georgia Tech. Tip for the Central Georgia Tech game is set for 7 p.m.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- Hawks earn split at Applebee's Okefenokee College Classic
- SGSC basketball opens season by defeating Thomas University (JV)
- SGSC cross country wraps season with five top-10 finishers, All-Conference designee over last two meets
- CCA senior, local photographer land magazine cover
- SGSC holds ribbon cutting for newly renovated Powell Hall