The South Georgia State College Hawks won their third consecutive conference game Saturday afternoon, defeating the Southern Crescent Tech Tigers 82-53.
Jayce Moore led the Hawks (17-5, 6-2) with 23 points, 12 rebounds, six assists, and four steals. AJ Spencer finished with 15 points, six assists, and five steals. Zae Wiggins had 13 points, while Nick Jiles finished with 11 points.
SGSC held Southern Crescent Tech to 31.5 percent shooting for the game and 12.5 percent shooting from the three-point line. The Hawks forced a total of 23 turnovers, which included 21 steals.
The Hawks are currently in second place in the GCAA standings behind Georgia Highlands with eight regular season games remaining.
SGSC returns to Waycross Wednesday, Feb. 2 to play South Georgia Tech at 7 p.m. General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- South Georgia physician admits participating in conspiracy to illegally distribute drugs
- Douglas woman loses life walking on 1-10 in Jacksonville
- ATCO officers make fourth arrest in armed robberies investigation
- Picket pleads guilty on aggravated assault charge
- Man arrested after allegedly burning girlfriend's clothes