The City of Douglas Fire Department will begin testing fire hydrants on Monday, May 16, 2022, through Wednesday, May 18, 2022. Hydrant testing will start at 8:30 p.m. each night, when there is minimum traffic, and continue until 4:00 a.m. each morning. The area of Douglas that will be tested is everything South of Ward Street.
During hydrant testing, the water may become rusty or cloudy and customers should allow faucets to run until the water is clear. This will clear the line of any rust that might have dislodged from the pipes. Customers are advised to use precautions when washing clothes as it may discolor clothing. Before washing clothes or cooking, please let the water run clear before using it. The City of Douglas Water Department has “Rust-Out” available, free of charge, to any customer who has washed clothing and clothing was discolored. Please call ahead if you require the Rust-Out for clothing, 912-389-3447.
If there are questions or concerns, please call the City of Douglas Fire Department at (912) 384-4815.
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College