The Douglas Downtown Development Authority (DDA) announces the appointment of David Hughes to Executive Director of the Douglas Downtown Development Authority effective immediately.
Dave has been Main Street Director in Downtown Douglas since November 2018. In his new role as Executive Director, Dave will provide direction and support for existing downtown businesses while building public/private investment partnerships promoting economic growth and encouraging historic preservation in Downtown Douglas which includes the Main Street District. Dave is also a downtown property owner and owns 3 businesses Downtown, Sheila’s Kribs and Cradles Baby Emporium, Sheila’s Baby Boutique, and Legend Upper Loft Venue.
The Douglas DDA consists of a seven-member board to serve as advocates and advisors on issues related to economic growth and development in Downtown Douglas.
- Jury convicts James Burch on two counts of aggravated assault, could face 40 years in prison
- City prepares for Hurricane Ian
- Burch to stand trial Tuesday on aggravated assault charge
- Raffensperger to replace Coffee County election equipment, end distraction for local election officials
- DFD: Fire won't wait, plan your escape