Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
The City of Douglas will hold two open house dates for the public to view renovations of Barracks #5 located at Douglas Municipal Gene Chambers Airport on September 5 (9AM-1PM), September 29 (1PM-4PM). The building, Barracks #5, is a part of the historic World War II Army-Air Force Flight Training Air Base and was utilized as housing for the cadets that trained at the Air Base before transferring to other bases to advance their flight training.
As one of the eleven original buildings, Barracks #5 remained standing through the years. In 2020, seeing the need to preserve and repurpose the building, the City of Douglas was awarded $10,000.00 from the Georgia Historic Preservation Division of DNR. Funds from the DNR Grant and the City of Douglas allowed a new roof to be placed on the building as well as other improvements to occur in hopes the building will be used for an aviation-type business or aviation-related purpose.
The open house is free of charge. For more information about the historic airbase or preservation efforts, call Community Development at (912) 383-0277.
- Attorney Clint Lott announces candidacy for State Court Judge
- Domestic dispute leads to serious injuries, aggravated assault charges
- Deputies arrest, extradite wanted fugitives from Florida and Alabama
- Youth Council’s February meeting focuses on Black History Month
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her