Bobby Bowden visits Douglas, South Georgia State College for annual reunion
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in Community
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Former Florida State University head football coach and member of the College Football Hall of Fame Bobby Bowden returned to Douglas this weekend for the annual Bowden Reunion at South Georgia State College. Bowden began his head coaching career at then South Georgia College in 1955. He coached at SGC from 1955 to 1958; he left when the college ended its football program. From there Coach Bowden rose through the ranks to become one of the winningest coaches in college football history. He and his wife, Anne, return to Douglas each year during the first weekend of June to reunite with former players and students. Their visit includes a Saturday round of golf at Beaver Kreek Country Club in Douglas and two different events at SGSC -- an informal cookout on Friday and more formal dinner on Saturday night.
- SGSC's Cory Baldwin named NJCAA Southeast District Coach of the Year
- SGSC falls to Monroe College in first round of NJCAA Tournament
- SGSC knocks off Georgia Highlands, wins GCAA championship
- SGSC’s Dr. Tulasi Acharya co-edits new book about organization theories and public administration
- SGSC rolls in regular season finale, clinches No. 2 seed for GCAA tournament