At last Thursday’s meeting of the Douglas Rotary Club, the club presented a check for $1,500 to Camp 151 in memory of long-time Rotarian Earl Brice. Members of Mr. Brice’s family were at the meeting to accept the check.
Chris Calhoun, Mr. Brice’s son-in-law, heads Camp 151, which is a Christian organization that conducts building projects for needy families in Coffee County. At the camps, which last a week, youth from Coffee and surrounding areas, repair and renovate homes throughout the community. The camps provide opportunities for youth to strengthen their relationship with Christ while showing others His love through their service.
Mr. Brice, who served Coffee County for many years as a county commissioner, passed away earlier this year after an extended illness.
- South Georgia physician admits participating in conspiracy to illegally distribute drugs
- Douglas woman loses life walking on 1-10 in Jacksonville
- ATCO officers make fourth arrest in armed robberies investigation
- Picket pleads guilty on aggravated assault charge
- Man arrested after allegedly burning girlfriend's clothes