Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is hosting a fun and educational camp this summer. The Coffee Campus will be hosting a Cosmo Camp for Kids, June 6 – 8. The Cosmetology Department is hosting the camp for students in grades second to eighth. Students will perform manicures, pedicures, and more. They will get to create nail art while learning proper sanitation measures. The camp will be held on the Coffee Campus from 8:00 a.m. until noon. Registration is $40 which includes materials, snacks, t-shirt and pizza party.
For students interested in welding, the campus is offering a camp for grades fifth through twelfth. The cost of the camp is $65 per student and includes materials, camp t-shirt, and pizza party. The welding camp will be held June 5 – 8 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. each day. Students will learn basic familiarization of GMAW, SMAW, and plasma cutting. The camp will emphasize safe welding practices and application at a novice level. They will learn about the popular welding art. All participants will design, cut, mock up, and weld a project to take home on the last day.
- Wiregrass team earns National SkillsUSA Competition medals
- Wiregrass hosts groundbreaking for new CDL and Diesel Technology facility
- James Hall joins Wiregrass Tech as new automotive instructor on Ben Hill-Irwin campus
- Wiregrass Tech recognizes outgoing board members
- Ryan Degner headed to welding competition in June