Dr. Morris Leis, Superintendent of Coffee County School System, was the speaker at the Douglas Kiwanis Club meeting on Tuesday, July 31, 2018, at the Flyin’ Cowboy restaurant. He spoke about the accomplishments for the school year 2017-18, the new five-year strategic plan, actions taken to increase security at all schools and ESPLOST V.
The Kiwanis Club members enjoyed and appreciated his presentation.
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept