Coffee County School Nutrition's Summer Feeding Program will begin May 26 and will run through July 7, at pickup sites throughout the county. Meal service will begin at designated sites at approximately 10:00 a.m. each Tuesday, but there may be delays at some sites until a routine is established. Each child will pick up one meal package that includes breakfast and lunch for five days. No residential drop-off service will be provided during this program, and there will be no meal service on June 30.
School pickup sites are: Ambrose Elementary, Broxton Elementary, Eastside Elementary, Satilla Elementary, West Green Elementary and Westside Elementary.
Community Pickup Sites are: GracePointe Church, Roundtree Center, Popular Springs Baptist Church in Nicholls (May and June service only), Town and Country, Groves, Kenwood, Pete Evans, Ridgewood, Amberwood, Bryant Street Circle, Oak Park area and the area near Tri-County Cotton Gin.
Any child 18 years of age and younger is eligible for these FREE meals, and no registration is required to participate. For more information, contact the School Nutrition office at (912) 389-6517.
- Coffee Alliance for the Arts presents scholarship to Cailey Martinez
- School system to provide free meals this school year
- Coastal Plains Charter High School to hold open house
- School system announces new Ambrose principal, three other administrators
- CHS dedicates performing arts center to Clayton W. Mathis, John M. Maley