The Douglas-Coffee County Land Bank (LBA) sold its first house on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
The new owner will renovate the home so that it will be available for rent as soon as possible. Designed to acquire and maintain problem properties, the LBA will transfer the properties back to responsible ownership and productive/revenue generating use in our community which will create a more efficient and effective system to eliminate problem areas/blight in Douglas and Coffee County.
Special thanks to Wells Fargo and the City of Douglas for the donation of the property to the Land Bank Authority. Congratulations to the new owner, Mr. Jatarious Manning.
- South Georgia physician admits participating in conspiracy to illegally distribute drugs
- Douglas woman loses life walking on 1-10 in Jacksonville
- ATCO officers make fourth arrest in armed robberies investigation
- Picket pleads guilty on aggravated assault charge
- Man arrested after allegedly burning girlfriend's clothes