City holds ribbon cutting for new facility
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
On Friday, October 9, 2020, the City of Douglas Utilities Department held a ribbon cutting for the new Douglas Utilities and Public Works buildings. The ribbon cutting was held in conjunction with Public Power Week, Georgia Cities Week, and as the kick-off event for Douglas’ 125th birthday celebration that is coming up in December.
“Providing a location that is large enough for all these departments will create workspace that will provide greater centralized operations and more efficiency for these departments,” says Mayor Tony Paulk.
The Utilities Building is 7,742 square feet and houses Electric, Natural Gas, Water, and Wastewater Operations. The Public Works building is 8,796 Square Feet and houses Highways/Streets, Sanitation, Stormwater, and Parks & Recreation Maintenance. Project construction began in October 2019 and was part of the CMAR (Construction Management at Risk) that was awarded to and overseen by Harper & Lewis Joint Venture.
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud