The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. At the present time, there are vacancies on the Airbase Preservation and Development Committee and the Keep Douglas Beautiful Board. Each board has its own criteria and qualifications for volunteers to become a member.
The following is a list of April 2021 meetings for City of Douglas Boards and Committees.
- Airport Commission – No meeting.
- Land Bank Authority – April 8, 2pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- Airbase Preservation and Development Committee – April 12, 12pm, via Zoom meetings.
- City Commission – April 12 & 26, 2021, (2nd & 4th Mondays) 7pm, at the CE Weir Center, 307 E. Bryan Street.
- Recreation Commission – April 13, 11:45am, Central Square Complex, 200 S. Madison Avenue.
- Downtown Development Authority – April 14, 9am, via Zoom meeting.
- GICH Meeting – No Meeting.
- Douglas Mayor’s Youth Council – No meeting.
- Planning Commission – April 15, 6pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue (if needed)
- Historic Preservation Committee – April 22, 2pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- Zoning Board of Appeals – No April meeting.
Please call (912) 383-0277 for Zoom meetings information to be emailed to you. For additional information about any City of Douglas Committee/Board, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912) 389-3405.
- Roscoe Allen jailed after allegedly violating his probation two weeks after getting out of jail
- Ben Lingfelter, CHS baseball player and open heart surgery survivor, prepares for graduation
- Take advantage of rural zone business tax credits
- May meeting dates, times for city
- Summer camp sign-up begins May 4