The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. At the present time, there are vacancies on the Historic Preservation Committee (HPC) and Downtown Development Authority (DDA). Volunteers who would like to be considered for the HPC volunteer position should be a resident of the city and should demonstrate special interest, experience or education in history, architecture or the preservation of historic resources. To be considered for the DDA volunteer position, citizens should meet one or more of the following qualifications: the volunteer must be a taxpayer residing in the municipal corporation for which the authority is created; must be the owner or operator of a business located within the downtown development area and is a taxpayer residing in the county in which is located the municipal corporation for which the authority is created, or the volunteer must have a combination of the qualifications specified.
The following is a list of May 2021 meetings for City of Douglas Boards and Committees.
- Airport Commission – May 5, 12pm, via Zoom.
- Airbase Preservation and Development Committee – May 10, 12pm, via Zoom meetings.
- City Commission – May 10 & 24, 2021, (2nd & 4th Mondays) 7pm, at the CE Weir Center, 307 E. Bryan Street.
- Recreation Commission – May 11, 11:45am, Central Square Complex, 200 S. Madison Avenue.
- Downtown Development Authority – May 12, 9am, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- GICH Meeting – May 12, 3pm, at the Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- Land Bank Authority Meeting – May 13, 4pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- Douglas Mayor’s Youth Council – No meeting.
- Planning Commission – May 20, 6pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue (if needed)
- Historic Preservation Committee – May 27, 2pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- Zoning Board of Appeals – No May meeting.
Please call (912) 383-0277 for Zoom meetings information to be emailed to you. For additional information about any City of Douglas Committee/Board, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912) 389-3405.