In 2020, the City of Douglas was designated as a RURAL Zone by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. Downtown businesses that are located within the RURAL Zone may qualify for tax credits relating to property purchase, rehabilitation costs, and job creation.
Investors who purchase a building in the RURAL Zone may receive an Investment Tax Credit which is which is equivalent to 25% of the purchase price of the building. A business owner who rehabilitates a business in the Zone may qualify for a Rehabilitation Tax Credit equivalent to 30% of qualified rehabilitation costs. If a business in the Zone creates new jobs or hires at least 2 new employees, that business may quality for the Job Tax Credit, which offers $2,000 per new full-time equivalent job created. Each of the three tax credits is dependent upon the creation of at least two new full-time equivalent jobs.
- Roscoe Allen jailed after allegedly violating his probation two weeks after getting out of jail
- Ben Lingfelter, CHS baseball player and open heart surgery survivor, prepares for graduation
- May meeting dates, times for city
- Summer camp sign-up begins May 4
- Land Bank Authority is solution for vacant, blighted property