City receives funds for drainage improvements
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) has awarded $1,788,761.00 in grant funds to the City of Douglas through the Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program. The CDBG-MIT funds will be used to for street and drainage improvements on West Jefferson Street, Fleetwood Circle, and Sears Street.
“We are thrilled to receive the funds from the CDBG-MIT program,” says Mayor Tony Paulk. “These funds will assist with much needed street and drainage improvements in Douglas.”
Coffee County was among 15 Georgia counties that were eligible for this funding. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) awarded $26,961,000 in Community Development Block Grant Mitigation funds (CDBG-MIT) to the State of Georgia. DCA created a CDBG-MIT Infrastructure Program with this allocation for activities that mitigate against future disasters in the areas affected by Hurricane Irma as well as the 2017 January tornadoes in Southwest Georgia.
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Rev. Charles Warnock, minister, pilot, World War II hero, passes at age 103
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record