The City of Douglas will hold a public hearing on November 17, 2021, at 9:30 a.m. at the City of Douglas Community Development Department, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue, Douglas, GA 31533 (location known as the Ashley-Slater House), for the purpose of discussing the approved activities of the City’s Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG#21h-x-034-2-6197). On October 21, 2021, the City of Douglas was awarded a grant in the amount of $636,875 to perform housing rehabilitation to 12 owner-occupied deteriorated housing units.
Items to be discussed at the Public Hearing include:
- • The amount of funds received and a description of the activities
- • The amount of funds available for each activity and the amount of funds that will benefit low and moderate income persons.
- • The plan, if applicable, to minimize or prevent displacement of persons and the plan to assist persons who may be displaced.
- • Fair Housing laws and the City of Douglas’ plan to affirmatively further Fair Housing.
The public is invited to attend this hearing to become informed of the project activities.
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept