The Douglas-Coffee County Parks and Recreation Department has various facilities available for rental to the public. Facility fees have gone unchanged for numerous years and evaluation of the facility fee structure has resulted in an increase of rental for some buildings, ballfields, and parks.
“We have not increased rental fees in several years even though operating costs and maintenance costs have increased,” says Stevie Young, Parks and Recreation Director.
“This increase is needed to keep the buildings in good condition for customers.”
Monies collected in rental fees are contributed to the general fund with the City of Douglas to help offset some of the costs associated with operating Parks and Recreation buildings, ballfields, and parks. To access the current fee structures for each facility, please go to the City of Douglas website, www.cityofdouglasga.gov/facilities.
- Jerome Arnold, Jr., indicted in slaying of Rae Rae Barnes
- An interview with Melody and Vaylor Trucks of Brother & Sister
- Third suspect indicted on murder charges in death of Vann Brown
- Brother & Sister, children of original Allman Brothers founding member, to perform in Douglas Saturday night
- Early voting still underway, over 1,000 ballots cast so far