The City of Douglas would like to invite citizens to volunteer to help clean up our city by picking up litter and other debris during the Great American Cleanup on Saturday, April 30, 2022, 8:00AM – 11:00AM. Volunteers are needed and this is a great opportunity for clubs, organizations, churches, businesses, and individuals to roll up their sleeves and earn community service hours by making Douglas beautiful.
Great American Cleanup participants should arrive at Ashley Slater House (211 S. Gaskin Avenue) between 8:45AM and 9:00AM for registration. Groups will journey to areas in Ward 3 as identified by the Litter Index. Cleanup will take place at 9AM and last until 11AM. At the end of the cleanup, volunteers will receive complimentary Chick-Fil-A and Burger King vouchers.
According to the Keep American Beautiful website, the Great American Cleanup® is celebrating its 24th year and annually engages more than 500,000 volunteers and participants, whose work returns, on average, more than $100 million in measurable benefits across more than 15,000 participating communities.
- South Georgia physician admits participating in conspiracy to illegally distribute drugs
- Douglas woman loses life walking on 1-10 in Jacksonville
- ATCO officers make fourth arrest in armed robberies investigation
- Picket pleads guilty on aggravated assault charge
- Man arrested after allegedly burning girlfriend's clothes