The Coffee County Sheriff's Office and the Georgia State Patrol teamed up Friday morning to give Ambrose students a firsthand glimpse into the operations of the GSP's Aviation Unit. Sgt. Jeff Rhodes landed at Ambrose Elementary School at 9 a.m., and students were provided with an up-close opportunity to view the helicopter. Rhodes, whose air unit is responsible for covering 75 counties in Georgia, discussed with the children the various dutiees and services of air patrol, including search and rescue and fugitive apprehension.
- Officers charge Andre Larron Benjamin with murder in shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown
- Former officer arrested, hit with slew of serious charges
- Small Town Podcast wraps up three-episode series in Coffee County
- Douglas commissioners to run unopposed in Nov. 2 election
- Monroe County officers arrest Broxton man for allegedly stealing three DNR Polaris Rangers and trailers