While learning about shapes and colors within our environment, Pre-K Students at Eastside Elementary found something that had a lot of shapes and the bright beautiful color of yellow. It was a big yellow Coffee County school bus, with a rectangle body, large circle wheels, and many square windows. The students loaded the bus for a bus safety lesson prior to school field trips to begin soon.
Veteran bus driver Wanda Burkett talked to the students about being safe on a bus and helping to have a safe trip when traveling by school. Mrs. Burkett then took the children on a short outing around the neighborhood to let them experience a bus ride as well as reinforcing safety procedures such as no talking when traveling over railroad tracks and staying seated in their seat. Thank you, Mrs. Burkett, for taking the time to teach our young students how to be safe on a school bus while traveling with their classmates.
Shown in the photo with Mrs. Burkett are students in Beverly Barbaree’s class as they depart from the bus lesson and safety travel trip. Pictured from front to back are: Christopher Clemons, Brett Lindsey, Kara and Carly Beard, Braylon Johnson, Maggie Greer and Amrie Moore.
- Eastside Elementary Pre-K enjoys first field trip
- Amie Bennett: Eastside's Teacher of the Year
- Eastside Elementary pre-k students learn about the needs of living creatures
- Eastside Elementary School shows appreciation to student teachers
- Mrs. Laura Curtis named Eastside Elementary school teacher of the year