On July 12, students from Coffee High School, George Washington Carver-Freshman Campus, and Coffee Middle School traveled together to attend FBLA’s annual Summer Leadership Training in Cordele, Georgia. The event was attended by officers and members from various middle and high schools from around the area.
While in attendance, students engaged in leadership and teambuilding activities throughout the day. Students shared ideas with other chapters and members regarding fundraising and community service endeavors. Officers were able to learn more about the duties of their position and how to fulfill them. Then, they were also able to get together to begin planning a program of work for their chapters before leaving for the day.
Members and advisers did a recap of the National FBLA Leadership Conference and all of the awards for Georgia FBLA. We made sure that time was also included to remember our state adviser from Coffee High that we lost while at National competition, Ms. Denise Fountain. Our county’s FBLA members and advisers were brought to tears as they witnessed the tremendous support of our own Georgia FBLA members and advisers as they actively donated money for her daughters and grandchildren. She continues to be missed by all that knew her!
- Coffee County Young Farmers well represented at Georgia Young Farmers Convention
- Georgia Court of Appeals traveling to Coffee County for oral arguments
- CHS student, teacher recognized for excellence in Business & Technology pathway
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl