DouglasNow is thrilled to announce that Kristen Kitchens, a lifelong resident of Coffee County, is joining the DouglasNow news staff, following more than five years of experience at in local media.
Kitchens began her career in journalism in 2015 and has covered breaking news stories, local trials, and community events. This fall, Kitchens will be enrolled in Valdosta State University working towards a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, along with a minor in Journalism, and has a five-year-old son, Beckham Kitchens.
“I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to join the DouglasNow team as a news reporter, excited to offer my expertise and leadership, and contribute to the growth and success DouglasNow has achieved over the last eight years. The position is a role I take seriously and know that my passion for journalism, experience in leading the content of a newspaper, and the relationships I have built in the community will be an asset in accelerating the organization overall. I look forward to this new journey, the plans for DouglasNow, and can’t wait to get started!”
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept
Latest from Staff Reports
- Retired State Court Judge Bob Preston receives Liberty Bell Award
- Georgia lawmakers aim to take a bite out of retail sales of Delta-8 THC products statewide
- Samina Patel, junior at Georgia Tech, named one of 47 Brooke Owens Fellows
- Georgia GOP lawmaker pushes bill to protect ‘vital and precious’ Okefenokee from new mining proposals
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties