Duke indicted on additional charges in Grinstead murder
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
By Kristen Kitchens
Just two weeks after being acquitted of Tara Grinstead's death by an Irwin County jury, Ryan Duke has now been indicted in Ben Hill County on six charges related to her death.
In the indictment, Ryan is charged with the following: Concealing Death of Another; Hindering Apprehension or Punishment of a Criminal; two counts of Concealment of Facts, and two counts of Tampering with Evidence. The six charges come with a maximum of a 45-year sentence if Ryan is found guilty.
Ryan was found guilty of concealing Grinstead's death, which he admitted to doing during his testimony. Judge Reindhart sentenced Ryan to 10 years, the maximum amount, with time served. Ryan has been in jail since 2017, meaning he is already eligible for parole on the guilty count in Irwin County.
This is a developing story and Douglas Now will have more information soon.
- Kendrick Mizell's murder trial scheduled to begin Monday
- David Spivey arrested, charged with embracery in connection with jury tampering allegations in Anderson trial
- Hearing underway as Ryan Duke, Bo Dukes attempt to get Ben Hill County charges dismissed
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber, EDA Name Matt Seale CEO
- State rests in Justin Anderson trial
Latest from Staff Reports
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record
- Katy Paulk takes oath of office, now officially State Court judge
- Judge Spivey denies convicted double murderer Wallace Lee's motion for a new trial
- Traffic stop leads to arrest on methamphetamine, cocaine charges