First trial underway in death of Vann Brown
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The first of three trials in the 2020 death of Vann Brown began this morning with the state's case against Justin Anderson.
Opening statements from the prosecution and Anderson's defense counsel began shortly after 10:00 a.m.
Two witnesses, Cam and Annsley Coffee, have taken the stand so far on the state's behalf, both of whom were at the property the night Brown lost his life.
Judge Kelly Brooks adjourned for a lunch break at noon, and the hearing resumed at 1:00 p.m.
The trial is expected to continue throughout the week, with the GBI medical examiner set to take the stand tomorrow.
Anderson is charged with malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, tampering with evidence, and making a false statement to law enforcement.
Details from the proceeding will be posted tonight.
- Gov. Kemp appoints Jared Roberts as solicitor
- David Rios, one of Coffee County's Most Wanted, still on the run after 11 years
- Jury acquits Thurman on felony charges, convicts on one misdemeanor battery charge
- Kendrick Mizell found guilty of murder, sentenced to life in prison
- Public invited to attend 2023 Comprehensive Short Term Work Plan Update workshop
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest