Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The Coffee County Drug Unit made another arrest this week, placing two men behind bars after they reportedly discovered methamphetamine and multiple controlled substances during a search of the vehicle.
According to a CCDU preliminary report, on November 21, a corporal conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle driven by Jerred Wampler for multiple violations, including window tint and failure to maintain lane.
Officers searched the vehicle and a detective discovered a blue and white capsule under the passenger seat. The capsule, according to the report, contained suspected methamphetamine, suspected sublingual, suspected Clonazepam, suspected hydrocodone, and a misdemeanor amount of suspected marijuana.
According to the report, neither Wampler nor a passenger in the vehicle, Joshua Nobles, would claim the capsule's contents.
Wampler and Nobles were both charged with one count of possession of methamphetamine and one count of possession of a controlled substance.
When the arrests occurred, Wampler was on parole. He was released from prison in July and has served time for charges including theft by receiving stolen property, possession of methamphetamine (2x), and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest