Two-vehicle accident on Highway 441 claims life of Pearson resident
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Glenda Lang, 58, of Pearson, lost her life following a fatal crash on Highway 441 Sunday night. At this time, little information has been provided.
According to a law enforcement officer, the wreck occurred around 5:30 p.m. on Highway 441 near Harvey Vickers Road. While a Georgia State Patrol report has not yet become available, the source told DouglasNow a white pickup truck struck the rear of Lang's vehicle after a car in front of the truck swerved into the other lane.
Lang was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center and succumbed to her injuries.
At this time, the driver of the vehicle has not been identified.
A friend of Lang's shared his condolences on the Days Gone By: Atkinson County, Georgia Facebook page, stating, "We are going to see the word angel a lot over the next few days, and there is no more fitting title for this previous lady that we lost tonight. How quickly an angel here on Earth can take flight to her heavenly home, where I know there has never been a quicker fitting of wings than when Glenda Lang walked through those gates.
The post continued, "'The Lord is the Love of My Life,' is what her profile says here on Facebook. If you knew one iota, you would know that quote is the most true thing ever typed on Facebook. We all hold Glenda's family and many friends in our prayers tonight and in the days ahead. Rest in peace, sweet lady, and continue to shine on us in all your glory."
The Georgia State Patrol is investigating the crash and DouglasNow will release any updates as information becomes available.
- A high school umpire and a Coffee County resident among several arrested in Jeff Davis County on drug charges
- Aviation, aerospace initiative talks continue in Douglas
- City commission approves special exception variance for group bringing in ALDI grocery store
- Completely Unchained brings Van Halen to the stage Saturday in Douglas
- Here are the 22 Zell Miller Scholars
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest