Wanted fugitive from Ben Hill County apprehended in Douglas
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Two Coffee County drug investigators apprehended Danny West, a wanted man out of Ben Hill County, this weekend after West allegedly fled from the Ben Hill County Courthouse following a proceeding several months ago.
According to a copy of an incident report from the Coffee County Drug Unit, on December 17, a CCDU detective spotted West, 27, inside Hibbett Sports in Douglas. Another investigator with the unit approached West to confirm his identity, with West responding with a false name. West then attempted to flee and ran towards the Dollar Tree next door. When investigators tried to arrest West, he allegedly resisted, prompting the use of a taser. The report states that "after a brief fight," West was arrested and transported to the Coffee County Law Enforcement Center.
DouglasNow has reached out to court officials and law enforcement in Ben Hill County regarding West’s escape but Ben Hill officials have not responded. Sources have told DouglasNow that West escaped custody following a sentencing hearing on charges in an armed robbery case in Ben Hill County earlier this year.
West now also faces a charge of obstruction of a law enforcement officer and was transported to the Ben Hill County Jail following his arrest.
- Douglas re-designated as PlanFirst Community
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest