Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Last Wednesday, a 47-year-old man racked up 18 charges after he led local law enforcement on a vehicle chase. When the chase finally ended, the driver, Frederick Green, was arrested after officers discovered nearly 10 ounces of suspected cocaine.
According to a copy of a Coffee County Drug Unit incident report, on January 11, detectives assisted the Georgia State Patrol with the chase, which started after officers clocked Green speeding. The chase began in the county on Highway 32 West and continued into the city before ending on the west overpass near Highway 32 West.
Green was taken into custody and transported to the Coffee County Jail. Coffee drug investigators then searched the vehicle, which resulted in the discovery of two packages of suspected cocaine. According to the report, Green identified the substance as "Molly" (MDMA). However, a field test conducted by the investigators showed a positive result for cocaine.
Detectives also located a small quantity of suspected cocaine inside a folded $20 bill and a pipe "commonly used in the inhalation of illegal narcotics."
The unofficial weight of the two packages containing the suspected cocaine was 9.9 ounces, including the packaging. The suspected cocaine inside the $20 bill showed a weight of two grams, including the weight of the bill.
Drug investigators reported that the suspected narcotics have been sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab and they are currently waiting on the official results.
Green was charged with 18 counts, including trafficking cocaine, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of a drug-related object. He also received citations of construction site speed violation, open container, driving on the wrong side of the roadway, reckless driving, driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol, improper/erratic lane change, making improper u-turn, improper passing in a no passing zone, failure to have license on person, willful obstruction of law enforcement officers (misdemeanor), failure to maintain lane, improper stopping, center lane violation, failure to yield right way of way to vehicle, hit-and-run/duty of driver to stop at or return to scene of accident, fleeing or attempt to elude a police officer, and operating a vehicle where prohibited.
According to a copy of the Coffee County Jail roster, Green received a property bond on all charges except trafficking cocaine and remains in custody.
- Foot chase leads to methamphetamine arrest
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
- Videos on social media lead to arrest on animal cruelty charges (with graphic video)
- Douglas woman charged with animal cruelty after critically ill horse found on property
- County approves rezoning request for Iron Road, accepts bid on Conway Vickers Road/Sink Hole Road project
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest