Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A 45-year-old woman was recently taken into custody after she allegedly cut her husband's wrist with a knife as she was "swinging it at him" during a dispute.
A report of the incident states that on January 6, 2023, an officer was dispatched to a house on Pine Street after a complaint regarding a domestic dispute. When the officer arrived, he spoke to a 64-year-old man who claimed he had been cut with a knife by his wife, Shona Grady. According to the victim, Grady came home after a night of drinking with a few friends and they began to argue about her "hanging out." He stated that Grady told him she was grown and "can do what she wants."
While Grady was making the comments, according to the victim, she walked into the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and began swinging it at him. He told the officer he grabbed her hands to try and get the knife, and as he was lying on his back on the sofa "kicking to get up," Grady cut him on the right wrist. He also advised that Grady "came very close to cutting his chest," but it only cut his shirt. The victim reported that he pushed Grady outside, and once she was outside, he called 911.
The officer then spoke to Grady, who stated that she came into the house from "a night of drinking with friends," and her husband began asking questions about who she was with. Grady said her husband was "very jealous" and they began to argue, but that he became physical with her by scratching her in the face. According to the report, Grady then admitted to walking into the kitchen, grabbing a knife, and cutting him. She stated that she was not trying to hurt him but "just wanted to get him to get off her."
The report notes that the victim was treated by EMS for his injuries, which included a laceration on the right forearm area. Grady also reportedly had visible marks on the left side of her neck, a scratch on the left side of her nose, and a scratch behind her right ear. The officer also reported observing blood on her fingertips.
Grady was transported to the Coffee County Jail and booked on a 48-hour hold. She was later charged with one count of aggravated assault. She was released on a $7,500 property bond two days later.
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
- Videos on social media lead to arrest on animal cruelty charges (with graphic video)
- Douglas woman charged with animal cruelty after critically ill horse found on property
- Officers arrest, charge nine with DUI and other related offenses last week
- State Court Judge Katy Paulk announces 2024 election campaign
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest