Alleged drug dealer leads deputies on chase while his home is searched
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A man out on bond for drug possession charges, Ellis Robertson, has landed himself back in jail less than three months from his last arrest after leading Coffee County drug detectives on a pursuit Wednesday afternoon. The chase ended near Highway 32 West when Robertson crashed into a pole.
Detectives with the Coffee County Drug Unit searched a home located at 6405 Highway 32 West Lot 39 on Wednesday afternoon. When the detectives arrived at the property, the subject, Robertson, was not at the location. Shortly after, K-9 deputies conducted a traffic stop on Roberston, which led Robertson to flee. The chase concluded in the area of Highway 32 West when he ran into the pole.
Robertson was then arrested and brought back to the residence with detectives, where they continued the search.
Detectives located 16 grams of crack cocaine, 30 grams of marijuana, and two guns. Robertson is now back in the Coffee County Jail on multiple charges, including possession of cocaine with the intent to distribute, possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (2x), possession of a firearm during the commission or attempt of committing a felony (2x), fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, and several traffic-related charges.
- Ethan Kramer receives state young leader award
- Cross sentenced to year and a half in jail after disrupting probation revocation hearing 27 times with foul language, lewd behavior
- Pair of teens arrested for allegedly stealing customer's credit card information at drive-through
- Pearson man arrested on firearms charges, allegedly discards marijuana in police car
- Wiregrass Tech announces new nursing instructor
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest