GBI agents arrest suspect wanted in connection with armed robberies in Coffee, Atkinson counties
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Roderick Hillman a suspect wanted in connection with numerous armed robberies in Coffee and Atkinson counties, has been arrested in Alma.
Last year, the GBI reported that on Tuesday, June 14, 2022, the Pearson Police Department requested the GBI to investigate multiple armed robberies that had occurred over the course of at least a month. Officials stated that preliminary information indicated that several suspects, including Ashton Hamilton, Mica'enya Jordan, Isiah Wright, Hillman, and others, committed the armed robberies.
Shortly after the investigation began, Hamilton was charged with armed robbery; Wright was arrested on charges of armed robbery; and Jordan was booked on one count of criminal attempt to commit armed robbery. GBI officials deemed Hillman a wanted suspect and have been searching for his whereabouts ever since. A few days after Hamilton's arrest, he also received charges in connection with burglaries that occurred in Douglas. GBI agents later announced that Hillman was also wanted in connection to the Douglas burglaries.
Thursday, GBI officials apprehended Hillman in Alma and transported him to the Coffee County Jail. According to a copy of the jail roster, he was booked on charges including armed robbery, home invasion in the 1st degree, possession of a firearm or knife during the commission of or attempt to commit certain felonies, and possession of a pistol or a revolver by a person under 18 years old.
- GBI makes arrest in Jeff Davis shooting
- There is an election underway and it's for the SPLOST referendum
- GBI investigates fatal officer involved shooting in Nicholls
- Ben Hill County inmate who had escaped before escapes again while attending grandmother's funeral in Douglas
- GBI agents arrest Indian Creek Elementary principal on eight charges
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest