37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Officers from the Douglas Police Department recently charged 37-year-old Grant Moore with multiple drug offenses after they allegedly discovered substances including methamphetamine, marijuana, and two types of pills during a search of his vehicle.
A captain with the department reported that on January 19, he was near the intersection of Fales Avenue when he observed a vehicle traveling east on Ward Street. The officer stated that the vehicle was driving 55 mph in a 45 mph zone. The officer stopped the vehicle, with the driver pulling into the lot of T&R Food Market on the West Green Highway.
The driver of the vehicle reportedly identified himself as Grant Moore, who stated that he did not have a license due to it being suspended. Moore was asked to exit the vehicle and he was placed under arrest for the suspension. While conducting a search of Moore before placing him in the patrol car, the officer reported to have located a small tin canister in the watch pocket of his pants that contained a crystalline type substance suspected to be methamphetamine. He also stated that he found another tin canister in his rear pants pocket that contained a greenish-brown leafy substance suspected to be marijuana.
The officer searched the vehicle and found a pill bottle "with no label identifying the contents," in the center console. According to the report, the bottle contained two types of pills.
Moore was charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of a schedule IV controlled substance (Alprazolam), possession of a schedule II controlled substance (methadone hydrochloride), possession of marijuana less than an ounce, driving with a suspended license, and a citation for speeding.
Moore was booked into the Coffee County Jail and has since been released on bond.
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest