Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
The GBI is investigating an officer involved shooting in Nicholls. The Coffee County Sheriff's Office requested the GBI conduct an independent investigation on March 6, 2023. Roy Streat, 78, was shot and killed. No officers were injured in this incident.
Preliminary information indicates that the Nicholls Police Department was notified that a man pointed a gun at a city employee and was walking down the road with the gun. Nicholls Police Department responded and found Streat with a gun at the intersection of Johnson Street and Brunswick Avenue. Streat refused to put down the gun. The officer unsuccessfully attempted to use a taser before shooting Streat. Streat was taken to Coffee Regional Medical Center where he later died.
The GBI will conduct an independent investigation. Once complete, the case file will be given to the Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office for review.
This is the 17th officer involved shooting the GBI has been requested to investigate in 2023.
- Burke County man sentenced to federal prison for possession of child pornography
- Garrett Streat of Nicholls selected as Mercer University School of Medicine Nathan Deal Scholar
- GBI identifies 1988 Ware County Baby Jane Doe, arrests two in her death
- GBI identifies 'Baby Jane Doe,' makes arrest in her death 35 years later
- Riot with multiple injuries reported at Coffee Correctional Facility
Latest from Submitted
- COUNTRY Financial supports school system with An Operation Helping Heroes Donation
- A fresh brew: SGSC welcomes Starbucks to campus
- Here are the rules and guidelines for this weekend's Christmas parade
- Veterans Park Committee to host Pearl Harbor Day remembrance ceremony
- Keep Douglas Beautiful holds successful trash dash plogging event