Traffic stop leads to arrest on methamphetamine, cocaine charges
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A traffic stop on East Walker Street landed one man in jail after officers discovered suspected illegal drugs in the vehicle.
According to an incident report from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, detectives with the drug unit saw a vehicle make an improper turn at 110 East Walker Street. The detectives stopped the vehicle and found five grams of methamphetamine, six grams of crack cocaine, and three grams of marijuana.
An occupant in the vehicle, Milton Gainey, was arrested and charged with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, and possession of marijuana.
Gainey was transported to the Coffee County Jail. He was released on bond.
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Drug unit officers arrest, charge Douglas man with meth possession after short chase
- Wellness check by family member goes bad near Ambrose
Latest from Staff Reports
- Legislature passes HB 7811, establishes new guidelines for local elected officials and governments
- Trojan track teams compete in Hiram Johnson Invitational at Lowndes
- Kentavius Street signs one-year deal with Philadelphia Eagles
- Douglas ranked as seventh safest city in Georgia
- Police department, fire marshal's office investigating Tuesday night fire