Kendrick Mizell's murder trial scheduled to begin Monday
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Next week, Kendrick Mizell, 29, is set to stand trial for the murder of Antravious Johnson, 22. Johnson was killed on Feb. 28, 2021, at the 900 block of South Gaskin Avenue in Douglas.
Authorities allege that Johnson was sitting in the driver’s side of a vehicle on South Gaskin Avenue when Mizell walked up to the vehicle and began shooting. Johnson was hit in the head, back, and hand.
Mizell was identified as a suspect almost immediately following Johnson’s death. He was arrested in March of 2021 without incident in Ware County with the assistance of the Ware County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Marshals Service. He has been in the Coffee County Jail ever since.
Jury selection will begin Monday morning with opening arguments starting shortly after the jury is seated.
Note: Mizell's trial was continued until May due to not being able to locate witnesses for the proceedings.
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- City to end recycling program on August 1
- Ethan Kramer receives state young leader award
- Cross sentenced to year and a half in jail after disrupting probation revocation hearing 27 times with foul language, lewd behavior
- Pair of teens arrested for allegedly stealing customer's credit card information at drive-through
Latest from Robert Preston
- Veterans, citizens observe Memorial Day at courthouse ceremony
- City commission approves special exception variance for group bringing in ALDI grocery store
- Completely Unchained brings Van Halen to the stage Saturday in Douglas
- Former Trojan headed to Junior College World Series with Andrew College Tigers
- On the death of the manual transmission and the loss of our connection to the world around us