Helmet-less motorcyclist arrested after allegedly running from traffic stop
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Riding a motorcycle/moped without a helmet — along with allegedly fleeing a traffic stop while having marijuana and cocaine in his pocket — landed Shedrick Dion Eddington, 21, in jail last week.
During a patrol on Highway 221 North and Lakeside Drive, detectives saw Eddington driving a motorcycle or a moped without a helmet. The detectives stopped Eddington, who the incident report says told them he was Darius Spencer. While the officers were checking his identity, Eddington fled on foot. He crossed Highway 221 and into the woods between Red Oak Street and Chadwick Street. He kept running but was caught a few minutes later, the report says.
After he was caught, he said his real name was Shedrick Dion Eddington and he had active warrants against him. Detectives searched his pockets and found a quantity of suspected marijuana and cocaine.
Eddington was charged with possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana less than one ounce, obstruction, and giving false name to police. He was transported to the Coffee County Jail where he remains.
- Officers catch target during traffic stop, find over four pounds of methamphetamine
- Wiregrass announces President's and Dean's List for dual enrollment students
- Driver traveling nearly 30 mph over speed limit found carrying suspected methamphetamine
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- Pearson man arrested on firearms charges, allegedly discards marijuana in police car
Latest from Robert Preston
- Elections board to consider bringing in independent counsel to investigate alleged 2021 security breach
- Veterans, citizens observe Memorial Day at courthouse ceremony
- City commission approves special exception variance for group bringing in ALDI grocery store
- Completely Unchained brings Van Halen to the stage Saturday in Douglas
- Former Trojan headed to Junior College World Series with Andrew College Tigers