Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Trinity Strickland, a South Georgia State College (SGSC) senior, was honored with the 2023 Academic Recognition Day Award by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
Trinity is pursuing a degree in SGSC's Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences. She is involved in the Pre-Med Club, Outdoors Club, and Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. She has been awarded the Junior and Senior Academic Award along with the OPTIMA-Chemistry Award for her excellence in class and for obtaining a 4.0 GPA.
"After graduating from SGSC, I plan to pursue a career in Veterinary Medicine which has been my dream job since I was a little girl. This summer, I will be working part-time at a veterinary clinic and participating in a summer internship program through the Okefenokee Swamp Park," she says. "In my free time, I love to read and spend time with my family. I also coach kids' basketball, soccer, and t-ball throughout the year."
"Trinity's commitment to academic excellence has not gone unnoticed," says SGSC Interim President Dr. Greg Tanner. "She continues to exhibit an outstanding level of intellectual engagement and continuously makes positive contributions on campus and beyond in her community. She has represented herself and SGSC well with this award. I congratulate her on this recognition. "
Academic Recognition Day is a celebration of Georgia students' academic achievement. The honorees receive a resolution from the Georgia House of Representatives, along with a letter of commendation from USG Chancellor Sonny Perdue. Each student best represents the system's highest scholastic ideals, as selected by their individual institutions. These students have a high GPA, strive for excellence and have the ability to share knowledge in various areas of expertise.
- Officials make arrest in connection with July 4 fire at Liquidation Market
- City commission approves rate increase for trash collection
- Chamber of Commerce celebrates Little Free Libraries at Emma Ward, Eastside parks
- Martin Centre receives Cultural Facilities Grant
- Chamber recognizes 2023 Leadership Coffee class
Latest from Submitted
- COUNTRY supports Westside Elementary with An Operation Helping Heroes donation
- Tyler Harper headlines annual Georgia Farm Bureau convention
- Wiregrass hosts dedication for James C. Fryslie Culinary Arts Program
- Atlanta-area man sentenced to federal prison for attempted stolen-car smuggling operation
- Cotton commission announces 2023 King Cotton Awards